Event photography can be a fun night for both the photographer and the event clients. As an event photographer I not only enjoy capturing the moment for my clients but the smile I put on peoples faces when they get their photos back is amazing.
Hiring an event photographer can be a daunting task unless you follow some basic rules.
- Make sure you see the photographer has a portfolio that matches what you are looking for.
- A portfolio is a must for every photographer, online or in a book, you need to know what style they shoot.
- Make sure your photographer has the equipment to take photos of good quality.
- Sorry but an iPhone will not work for this. He should have a DSLR camera of good quality.
- Does your photographer have backup equipment.
- We always bring extra cameras and lights.
- Can your photographer command an audience?
- Do they have a voice people will listen to?
- Do they know how to talk to people and get they do smile and laugh.
Those are just a few things that an event photographer should be able to do without even thinking about it.
I like to do both a photo booth and the event photography at the same event. The photo booth can either print on the spot or we can take them back to the studio to edit and get the photos out with all the edited photos. We can do both.
Some of the events we have taken photos at include fashion shows. Fashion shows are a lot of fun and you never know who will be there. We also do company parties. One I did a few years started on a Friday with classes on the product and what it can do and ended with a huge party for all the employees. I went from classroom to classroom taking photos and then got to take photographs of all the employees at the party. We also do birthday parties, New Years Eve parties, Christmas parties and I could go on and on about all the parties we have shot.
I think our favorite event is the New Years Eve party for Events and Adventures for about the past 8 years. One of the reasons we love this shoot is because they use our photo booth and our roaming capabilities. Every year it gets better and better.
No matter what you are looking for, when you have an event, consider hiring an event photographer. Not only will your guests love it, but you will have memories to last a lifetime.